Skip to main content

HORROR, TEARS AND CRIES AS TWIN BLAST HIT MAIDUGURI ON SALLAH EVE

By: Agosu Omoleye


There have been at least two bomb blasts within Maiduguri, capital of Borno state, within the last 10 minutes. A source who prefers to be anonymous made it known that the first blast occurred at Gunge, a residential area, around 6pm today Thursday 30th July 2020.

According to a security source, the other blast happened around a place where cars are sold in the state capital.

It is unclear if Boko Haram insurgents are behind the attacks which happened 24 hours after the convoy of Babagana Zulum, the governor, was attacked in Kukawa local government area of the state.

Boko Haram has continued to operate in different parts of the north-east, especially in Borno state despite the claim of the government that the sect has been defeated.

Reacting to the attack on his convoy, Zulum had said he would mobilise hunters to protect the people if the military is unable to secure them.

“We have over 1,181 soldiers in Baga; 72 officers, 107 solders, 400 soldiers in mile 4 and 1,900 soldiers in Monguno. I see no reason why Boko Haram will stop operate in Baga town,” he had said.

“The troops have been in mile 4 for over one year, there is complete sabotage, the problem is not with President Buhari, or General Burutai but the command and control structures. There is need to look into command structure.

“We have over 80,000 IDPs in Monguno, they cannot continue to depend on NGOs and others for food, we have created opportunity for them to go back to their communities and continue with their business and farming activities.

“After Sallah, we will go back to Kukawa. We we will give time to the military; but if they will not clear Baga, we will mobilise our hunters and vigilantes to recapture Baga… we can’t continue like this. People have take their destiny in their hands.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENCOURAGING THE AFRICAN START-UP ECOSYSTEM THROUGH TECH INNOVATIONS

Hon. Elvis Obi-Nwankwo, Special Adviser to Enugu state Governor on Innovation, Science and Technology. By: Agosu 'Tayo Once again, the administration of Enugu State has demonstrated the resolve to ensure that capacity building especially in the areas of Intellectual and entrepreneurial capacity building is given utmost priority while ensuring that the Nation continually remains relevant in the global scheme of things especially as it has to do with ICT, Block-chain Technology and other innovations while encouraging the sustenance of the startup ecosystem. In his Keynote address, the Special Adviser to the Enugu State Governor on Innovation, Science and Technology Hon. Elvis Obi-Nwankwo made it known while giving his key-note address at an event in Eko hotel Lagos state made it known the current administration in Enugu do everything possible to remain the Trailblazers in the Tech space of the country while extending their frontiers from South-East Nigeria to Germany and other parts ...

OYO ASSEMBLY HOLDS SPECIAL SESSION FOR FORMER GOVERNOR

By: Teni Aluko The Oyo state house of Assemby today held a special sitting in honour of the former governor of Oyo state Senator Abiola Ajimobi who left for the great beyond exactly week ago.  Abiola Ajimobi was the Oyo state governor between 2011-2019. He worked meritoriously and recorded quite a lot of landmarks during his tenure. Ajimobi was appointed Deputy National chairman South of the All progressives Congress before he died last week Thursday. The Speaker of the House of Assembly Rt Hon Debo Ogundoyin in his speech said the late governor was able to change the political landscape of the State through his three points agenda of Restoration, Transformation and Repositioning. ”He also  made his impact in governance, he greatly improved the environmental sanitation of the state especially in the Capital City of Ibadan.” Other lawmakers who spoke at the special sitting described Ajimobi as a great man whose immense contribution to the development of the state cannot be easi...

COVID-19: EBONYI STATE GOVERNOR TESTS NEGATIVE, EXPEESSES GRATITUDE TO GOD FOR RECOVERY

By: Agosu Omoleye Ebony state Governor, David Umahi The Governor confirmed this in a statement he personally signed on Friday. He disclosed that his daughter and three of his close aides also tested negative for the virus. The governor thanked God for his recovery and the people of the state for their prayers and support. This comes four weeks after they were infected by COVID-19. On July 4, Governor Umahi announced that he, his daughter and aides tested positive after carrying out the test. Although he said they were not showing any symptoms, he, however, said they went into isolation in line with protocols laid down by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). He, therefore, directed the Deputy Governor, Kelechi Igwe, to take over the frontline coordination of the state’s fight against the pandemic to protect Ebonyi people.