Skip to main content

TOTALLY REPREHENSIBLE'! NUJ FIRES FFK OVER ATTACK ON COLLEAGUE.

 By: Agosu Omoleye



The Nigeria Union of Journalists- NUJ has condemned the gangster-like outburst by Chief Femi Fani Kayode against the Cross River State Correspondent of the Daily Trust Newspaper, Eyo Charles who asked him a simple question which he felt was embarrassing.

In his reaction, Kayode assaulted the journalist and threatened him for daring to ask such a question. In a statement by Chris Isiguzo, NUJ President, the body said; "By denigrating the journalist, Fani Kayode has exposed himself the more as an intolerant and unstable person who will not want his activities closely scrutinised by the Media."

Isiguzo said; "It is instructive to remind the likes of Fani Kayode that it is the Constitutional right of Journalists to monitor and keep a check on people and institutions in power."

He said; "By delving into politics and holding political office, Fani Kayode is very conversant with the watchdog role of the media."

"So, for him to have embarked on assessment of projects in some states, even though we are yet to be told under what platform, he is doing so, it is proper for the media to hold him to account for his actions and decisions.

"His reaction  was totally unacceptable, dishonourable and reprehensible and we demand for retraction of his untoward, irritating and awkward utterances which negate simple decorum and civility."

"We are more shocked that the same Kayode who had in recent times, used his social media handles to call leaders to account is at the same time attacking a Journalist for a simple demand for him to unmask those behind his nationwide tour. He had already visited six states. This is indeed, terribly disappointing."

In a viral video Femi Fani Kayode threw all decorum into the winds and was calling the reporter so many unprintable names in the presence of his other helpless colleagues.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANOTHER GAS EXPLOSION HITS AJAO ESTATE

By: Agosu Omoleye Barely a day after a gas explosion killed one in Lagos, three others have been confirmed dead in a similar explosion on Tuesday at Inua Mohammmed Street, Ajao Estate, Isolo. Ibrahim Farinloye, the acting coordinator for the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) said the explosion injured two other persons. According to Mr Farinloye, the explosion occurred at a panel beater’s workshop within the estate. “The explosion occurred while the technician was trying to up his oxycytelene flame popularly known as cabad’s cylinder. “The incident led to the death of three persons and rescue of two. One was immediately resuscitated while the other is in the hospital with severe burns. Seven shops were partially affected,” Mr Farinloye said. It was earlier reported how Usman Bello, a 30-year-old, was killed in an explosion on Monday, while three persons sustained injuries. Giving the update, the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said the explosion was from a ga...

ENCOURAGING THE AFRICAN START-UP ECOSYSTEM THROUGH TECH INNOVATIONS

Hon. Elvis Obi-Nwankwo, Special Adviser to Enugu state Governor on Innovation, Science and Technology. By: Agosu 'Tayo Once again, the administration of Enugu State has demonstrated the resolve to ensure that capacity building especially in the areas of Intellectual and entrepreneurial capacity building is given utmost priority while ensuring that the Nation continually remains relevant in the global scheme of things especially as it has to do with ICT, Block-chain Technology and other innovations while encouraging the sustenance of the startup ecosystem. In his Keynote address, the Special Adviser to the Enugu State Governor on Innovation, Science and Technology Hon. Elvis Obi-Nwankwo made it known while giving his key-note address at an event in Eko hotel Lagos state made it known the current administration in Enugu do everything possible to remain the Trailblazers in the Tech space of the country while extending their frontiers from South-East Nigeria to Germany and other parts ...

DRAMA AS NDDC WALKS OUT ON LAWMAKERS

By: Agosu Omoleye T he Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has walked out on lawmakers at an investigative hearing put together by the House of Representatives.  The Commission on Thursday refused to make presentations before the House Committee on NDDC. According to the acting managing director of the NDDC, Professor Kemebradikumo Pondei, the Commission cannot partake an investigative hearing which is being presided over by the chairman of the committee who has been accused by the NDDC of hijacking the Commission’s projects. Professor Pondei was of the opinion that the NDDC will not get a fair hearing. Following the NDDC’s action, the committee resolved to issue a warrant of arrest compelling Professor Ponder to appear before the lawmakers and make a proper submission. Meanwhile, armed security operatives on Thursday surrounded the home of former managing director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Joy Nunieh, in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital. The se...